Make 2.0 release: Harkonnen
05 - Releases
14 Apr 2022
04 - Low
Once all the scheduled 2.0 issues are closed I can make a 2.0 release.
See RM #691, RM #538, RM #427 and RM #348 for examples of making the release.
Ironman will not be released with Harkonnen.
The Dev Platform and all System package collections (RM #894) must be archived and compressed (RM #782).
Steps to release¶
- Tag all repos
- Add dry-run option to tagging to show what would happen for each repo without doing it, to make sure this still works.
- Generate compressed release images (dd from installed SD card)
- Dev platform + System package collections
- rpi1 & rpi2 (see matrix)
- Naming convention: pibox-rpi<hw>[rpi<hw>...]-<system>.img, as in pibox-rpibplus-devplatform.img or pibox-rpi2rpi3-media.img
- Don't include source or staging archives anymore!
- Push release images to download site
- Push download archives (archives downloaded by xcc, buildroot, etc. as part of build process) to download site
- Update directory listing on upload site
- Update wiki
- Reference install.txt
- Update PiBoxProject.com
- New Layout
- Dev Platform
- New Videos
- One for each System
- New Blog Entries
- One for each system
- One for each app
- Blog Post on 2.0 release
- New Layout
- Generate changelog: MakeChangelog.sh in metabuild
- Write up announcement
- add it to News (as in this example)
- Announce to RPi Forums
- Announce to eLinux.org
- Post to
- LinkedIn-: Raspberry Pi and Embedded Linux groups
- User groups: blug, clue, pplug, CS Open Source Meetup
- Reassign severity/priority of pre-2.0 issues.
- Move issues to 2.1, 2.2 or 3.0