PiBox is a platform for development of purpose-built consumer devices. There are a number of systems that can be built with PiBox.
- PiBox Development System (the stock platform on which other systems are built)
- PiBox Media System (for media playback, video cameras, SiriusXM and other local media sources)
- PiBox Player System (for media playback of remote Media System sources)
- PiBox Kiosk System (for video and picture frames and similar systems)
- PiBox Auto-Kiosk System (for autoplay of videos)
- PiBox PiSentry System (for remote cameras)
- PiBox PiStore System (for file management)
- Ironman Home Automation (discussed on a separate wiki)
- Xeon Phone (discussed on a separate wiki)
- Bootloaders (u-boot, etc.)
- Buildroot / Busybox
PiBox is targeted for Raspberry Pis. However, the build system is easily customizable to other hardware platforms. It has been used to build board support packages for Arm, Intel, PowerPC and MIPS hardware systems.
PiBox Development Platform v2.0 is in preparation for release. This will include all 6 system builds. Ironman and Xeon will be released at a later date.
See RM #893 for a matrix of hardware and system support testing.
- All systems are working on their respectively supported RPi hardware.
- Ironman prototype works. The prototype is an Arduino "light switch" managed by a central Ironman host using a simply touchscreen interface or a voice-controlled Jarvis interface. However, this is still very early in development.
- Xeon phone is booting to the Dev Platform on the Pinephone Pro with serial console login.
- Development Platform Users Guide - How to setup and use the Development Platform
- Media Platform Users Guide - How to setup and use the Media System
- Player System Users Guide - How to setup and use the Player System
- Kiosk Users Guide - How to setup and use a PiBox Kiosk
- Auto Kiosk Users Guide - How to setup and use a PiBox Auto Kiosk
- PiSentry Users Guide - How to setup and use a PiSentry system
- PiStore Users Guide - How to setup and use a PiStore system
Design and Implementation¶
Planning and Reference¶
Updated by Hammel 9 days ago · 11 revisions