Add URL streaming option for AutoKiosk system
20 Aug 2020
01 - Critical
Ive had a request to allow videofe to stream from a URL. The request also asked for the playback to occur on power cycle, which implies use in AutoKiosk.The way to do this is:
- Add a cli and config file option that specifies the URL to open by omxplayer.
- Add support in videofe to prefer the URL option over playing locally. If playing locally, don't use the local db code.
- Add support for testing the URL for it's availability.
- Add notification that remote url can't be accessed.
- On boot, look for USB stick with file: autokiosk.url
- That file has one line: the url
- if present, update videofe.cfg with the config option and that url.