Alternative Idea #791open
Interesting Hardware and Software Ideas
13 Aug 2020
05 - Very Low
This issue tracks interesting hardware to consider for use with PiBox and it's associated projects.
Keep this issue open and at the bottom of the highest priority list currently in progress.
- PinePhone from Pine64.org
- WaveShare displays for Raspberry Pi. Lots of interesting options here.
- WaveShare displays each have a wiki entry that points to supporting software. OLED's use an ST chip and have a C library that depends on the libbcm2835 library.
- Waveshare also have Hats and Cameras to consider.
- OLED displays @ Adafruit
- Pine64 Air Mouse is a keyboard shaped like a TV remote. It's way cheaper than the FAVI's I've been using though the arrow keys are Ctrl-<key> which may make it difficult to use.
- ZeroTerminal3 is like an old PDA that is a full computer. It's design might make it useful in Xeon.
- Precursor is like an old PDA that uses an FPGA to allow different uses. Might be useful to Xeon is ARM images are available for FPGA.
- ESP32-CAM, and associated DIY video
- BME680 breakout provides temperature, pressure, humidity, and indoor air quality sensors in an small form factor using SPI.
- PiKVM - a variation of this would be a simple network controlled power switch for multiple outlets. A single ESP32 manages a 4- or 8-port relay via an Ironman monitor.
- Arducam - mipi csi camera modules (like phone cameras) for Raspberry Pi. Might work with raspistill but would be better if it worked with omxplayer, ffmpeg and/or mjpeg-streamer.
- PiCam - general setup on Raspbian for CSI attached cameras.
- PiBox Storage Server - storage system I didn't create and who I talked to about naming - they're sending me sample hardware.