Add configuration option for setting initial time, including DST
Added by Hammel about 9 years ago.
Updated over 8 years ago.
04 - Root File System
I need to understand better how to set this. An initial version would be brute force: set the time and enable/disable DST.
ntpd does set the time on the board if its left running for a while with a network connection. But it should be possible to initialize that time stamp and set the DST.
I need to know how to tell ntp to use DST.
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
- Severity changed from 03 - Medium to 04 - Low
- Priority changed from Urgent to Normal
- Target version changed from 0.9.0 to 0.10.0
Moving configuration tools to 0.10.0.
- Priority changed from Normal to Immediate
This is just another app. I can use videofe as a template. This app needs the following components:
- AM/PM Slider (left or right enables respective values)
- DST Slider (on or off)
Year/month/day may also be set using a GtkCalendar.
I see this as having configuration in a left panel and an analog clock in the right.
I might create special widgets for these. ZetCode has an example using Cairo for creating a custom widget. There is a gtk clock widget available on github that is integrated with cairo as well as a real cairo-based clock (overly complex glade+svg design, but source is 1 file). And there is a cairo clock tutorial on developer.gnome.org but its for gtkmm.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
Most of this is now implemented in the piclock app. This merges a proper GTK+ widget structure (as described in ZetCode) with the Cairo-based clock (found on github) and adds configuration options to it.
The app is very primitive. It does handle navigation using arrow keys just fine.
Additional work to be done:
- Add month, day, year under the clock in larger font.
- The analog clock works fine but could use a theme (background image over which the hands are drawn).
- The clock hands are blocky - could be cleaned up with some cairo magic - and should color coordinate with any background image (just use a config option for colors).
- There is no DST option yet (but do we really need it?).
- Apply button doesn't change the time on the system yet.
- % Done changed from 50 to 80
Didn't do much of those last things but I did add the icon and splash images and fixed packaging, along with various other minor nits and bugs.
I installed the opkg tonight and tested it for the first time as an app. It works perfectly except the time, which is being set with stime(), doesn't change. I may need to switch to settimeofday().
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
It took some experimenting but I finally got piclock to behave properly. I have to use the space bar to activate the home button but that's a minor price to pay. Overall, the settings app works well now.
Also available in: Atom