Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #291

closed

kernel-saveconfig is saving to bcmrpi_defconfig

Added by Hammel over 7 years ago. Updated over 7 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Immediate
Assignee:
Category:
03 - Linux Kernel
Target version:
Start date:
10 Mar 2014
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Severity:
01 - Critical

Description

It should be going to src/kernel/linux-rpi-3.10.y.cfg.rpi-3.10.y.

This is currently on the CentOS build box though its not a CentOS problem. It's a problem with the configs/kernel-git.cfg setting for KERNEL_CONFIG and KERNEL_DEFCONFIG.

Actions #1

Updated by Hammel over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 30
This happens because
  1. KERNEL_CFG includes the GIT_ID. It shouldn't.
  2. KERNEL_CONFIG checks for KERNEL_CFG, can't find it, so uses KERNEL_DEFCONFIG.
  3. kernel-saveconfig saves to KERNEL_CONFIG
What should happen is
  1. KERNEL_CFG should not include GIT_ID.
  2. KERNEL_CONFIG is okay as it is
  3. kernel-saveconfig save to KERNEL_CFG

The saving of the .config from the kernel build tree should go to the config file we want, not the one we're using since the one we're using may just be a fallback if the one we want didn't exist yet. After we've built and modified from the defconfig we want to save to the file we will use in later builds, which will be KERNEL_CFG.

Actions #2

Updated by Hammel over 7 years ago

  • % Done changed from 30 to 50

I removed the git id from KERNEL_CFG.
I made saveconfig use KERNEL_CFG.
Then I changed the name of KERNEL_CFG to KERNEL_SAVECFG to make it a little more obvious what the variable is used for compared to KERNEL_CONFIG and KERNEL_DEFCONFIG.

These are checked in but not pushed. I'm retesting the kernel build because I changed the name of the saved 3.10.y kernel config to match KERNEL_SAVECFG and saved and updated kernel configuration to it (related to RM #287). I want to make sure I didn't muck up the config while doing all this name changing.

Actions #3

Updated by Hammel over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Closed
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

Verified working and all changes pushed upstream. This issue can be closed.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF