Added by Hammel over 9 years ago.
Updated over 9 years ago.
- Build system software on CentOS
- Rebuild all opkgs
- Restructure release directories on UbuntuOne
- release-named directories
- push 0.6.0 files to 0.6.0 directory
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
Before creating this release I decided to rev Crosstool-NG to get it to build properly on Fedora 19. That worked and so I also decided to rev Buildroot. That also worked. So now I need to test the complete builds on both Fedora 19 and CentOS 6.4 and then test the image generated by both on the hardware.
Test build on Fedora exposed a few minor problems across multiple core packages. These have been fixed and pushed upstream.
Full test builds are being run on Fedora 19 and CentOS 6.4 right now.
- % Done changed from 10 to 20
CentOS build works correctly with updates to build system for Fedora, including rev'd Crosstool-NG and Buildroot.
- Build opkgs
- Need to test images on hardware.
- Update revision numbers on everything
- Rebuild all packages
- Fix release directories
- Push images to release directories
- Write release notes
- Write news update (see RPi forum for examples of announcements I've done previously) and post on Redmine.
- Update eLinux.org
- Post to Raspberry Pi forum
CentOS builds of opkgs completed. Some minor changes required. tinyxml needed to be enabled in rootfs build in order to build crtmpserver. All updates have been pushed upstream.
I'm going to bump the version numbers on everything and rebuild before testing on the hardware since I can do that remotely.
- % Done changed from 20 to 30
Hmm. Actually, I don't need to do that. The dev platform (pibox tree) is already bumped to 0.6.0. And the opkgs have never been officially released. So I can just release the 1.0 versions of each of them with the 0.6.0 version of the dev platform.
So now I need to test the images on the hardware.
- % Done changed from 30 to 40
Tests with the newer xcc and buildroot generated images failed to boot on the target: missing init. No idea what this problem is but I'll return to it after the 0.6.0 release.
The problem became how to build on Fedora 19. There is a patch in the Crosstool-NG tree dealing with systems that already have GMP installed. The patch is actually multiple patches depending on which version of PPL you've chosen. Since I'm using 0.11.2 I only added that patch. It worked and xcc now builds on Fedora 19.
I ran a full build on Fedora 19 using the default configured xcc (1.15.2) and buildroot (2013.02) and it completed successfully. I have disabled XBMC except for tinyxml in the Buildroot config for the PiBox Development Platform, which is what this release is. I'll make XBMC's prereq's enabled based on command line args later (for PiBox Media Player).
So the build works on both Fedora 19 and CentOS6.4.
I'll rebuild the opkgs and then test the Fedora 19 build on the target along with the opkgs.
- % Done changed from 40 to 60
Build and opkgs built and tested. Images builds are ready to go.
- Write release announcement.
- Add it to News
- Push to RPi Forums
- Update eLinux.org
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 60 to 100
Announcement written and posted in News.
Pushed announcement to RPi forum.
Updated eLinux.org entry.
This release is complete.
Also available in: Atom