Action Item #348
Make 0.9.0 release
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||10 Jan 2014|
|Category:||05 - Releases|
|Severity:||05 - Very Low|
0.9.0 - PiBox Media Server Beta 3
Release should be made after verifying CentOS build on target. Process is as follows.
- Update revision numbers on everything
- Build on Fedora 19 and CentOS 6.4 (or 6.5 after doing update)
- Build opkgs
- Test both builds w/opkgs on hardware
- Create release directories on muse site
- Push images to release directories
- Write release notes (see 0.7.0 sample)
- Need a changelogs script to generate logs for all repos - see RM #294
- Add it to News
- Push to RPi Forums
- Update eLinux.org
Be sure to include the following opkg updates, as these are essential to the PiBox Media Server:
A few of these are unchanged but most have updates.
See RM #225 for tips on previous release process.
Also: Generate changelogs using attached MakeChangelog script (modified for PiBox and GIT instead of hg).
#5 Updated by Hammel about 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
Everything is done except the pushing the updates to the forums and elinux.org.
Also, a modified version of MakeChangelog is now checked into the rpi repo that makes it easier to generate the logs without respect to tag names (using dates instead).