Action Item #295
Make 0.8.0 release
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||10 Jan 2014|
|Category:||05 - Releases|
|Severity:||03 - Medium|
0.8.0 - PiBox Media Server Beta 2
Release should be made after verifying CentOS build on target. Process is as follows.
- Update revision numbers on everything
- Build on Fedora 19 and CentOS 6.4 (or 6.5 after doing update)
- Build opkgs
- Test both builds w/opkgs on hardware
- Create release directories on Ubuntu One
- Push images to release directories
- Write release notes (see 0.7.0 sample)
- Need a changelogs script to generate logs for all repos - see RM #294
- Add it to News
- Push to RPi Forums
- Update eLinux.org
Be sure to include the following opkg updates, as these are essential to the PiBox Media Server:
A few of these are unchanged but most have updates.
See RM #225 for tips on previous release process.
#1 Updated by Hammel over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 100 to 80
Everything except the rpi forum post and eLinux update have been completed.
The new download tree on graphics-muse.org is up too. Future releases will need to have an updated readme.html to go with the download tree.