V0.7.0 Release Announcement
PiBox V0.7.0 is now available for download, both in source and SD card installation packages. This release has numerous bug fixes along with a new network configuration UI in the web interface.
The 0.7.0 release continues to focus on supporting the release of the PiBox Media Server.Major changes for 0.7.0
- Added support for auto mounting flash-media devices, such as USB flash sticks.
- Add support for flipping webcam display (in case webcam is upside down)
- Fix webcam streaming to tablets over web interface
- Fix media streaming to tablets using SMB
- Updated web interface with localhost-only network configuration option
- Added boot splash opkg
See attached changelogs for PiBox and associated packages.Upcoming for 0.8.0
- Complete Access Point migration from bui-network-config to web based UI
- Add hardware accelerated X.org driver
- Verify sound support
- Integrate touch screen for use with PiBox Media Server
- Add support for BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) devices, such as weather and geolocation sensors
- Review integration process for Wifi Direct support
- Complete integration of XBMC opkg for Media Player
- Issue Tracker: http://redmine.graphics-muse.org/projects/pibox/issues
- Web Site: http://www.graphics-muse.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/RaspberryPi/RaspberryPi
Notes on archive locations:
I'm currently using Ubuntu One which is fine for limited storage requirements. However, I find I'd rather have my own dropbox. Turns out there is an open source version that seems to work pretty good: ownCloud
I'm researching its setup and use for PiBox and related projects. More to come on this later.