- Table of contents
- Hardware Links
- Door/Window Alarm
- Monitor (Home automation server)
- AC Control
- DC Control
- Battery Backup
- Stepper Motor Control
- 3D Printing
- List of IoT hardware
- Raspberry Pi
- Module Family
- ESP Open SDK - open source SDK for ESP8266
- Arduino Core SDK reference
- "NodeMCU - lua based firmware for MCU like ESP8266
- This has links to esptool for flashing firmware to device
- ESPlorer is a Java IDE for the ESP8266
- Arduino core for ESP8266 - look under doc for libraries, etc.
- ESP8266 Arduino forum
- Loading Firmware
- Getting Started
- Getting Started pdf (different version)
- AT Commands
- Wifi Serial Programmer that replaces the FTDI Basic Board because the latter has weak voltage regulation. Also consider using the ESP-12 (also called an NodeMCU when it includes the Lua code) instead, which is more forgiving with power.
- ESP8266 5V WIFI Relay Module
Monitor (Home automation server)¶
- WD PiDrive - will be used to store video from cameras.
- GungHo PiDrive - about the same price but directly attaches to the Pi. Might not have the power savings provided by WD PiDrive.
- Wifi Hat
- Pair Button (should include LEDs for states: normal, paired, pairing)
- BME680 Environment Sensors Breakout (Adafruit version)
- TRIACs: Low cost, high current handling capability.
- Traditional relay: moving parts, relatively low cost, very high current
- Solid State Relay: Higher cost, no moving parts. Advantage over TRIACs is that SSR can interrupt current at any point in the AC waveform. TRIACs only cut off current at the zero-crossing point.
- Step-Down Converter - AC to DC 3.1V-3.5V.
- And companion 5V to 3V converter
- Arduino battery backup circuit
- Simple 5V battery backup circuit
- 3.7V 9V 5V 2A Adjustable Step Up 18650 Lithium Battery Charging Discharge
Stepper Motor Control¶
- TI DRV8811: Integrated FETs, up to 1.9A per coil http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/drv8811.pdf
- (Toshiba?) TB6612: Used on adafruit and other boards: https://www.adafruit.com/products/2448 Documentation/sourcing appears limited