Integrate splash into kernel image
- Create PPM image from psplash image (src/logo/miot-small.png)
- Convert to 224: ppmquant 224 miot-small.ppm > miot-small_224.ppm
- Rename to logo_custom_clut224.ppm
- Copy to <kernel_source>/drivers/video/logo/
- Enable in kernel: Device Drivers->Graphics support->Bootup logo->Custom 224-color Linux log
- Build kernel
The miot-small_224.ppm should go in the src/kernel directory, with a symlink to logo_custom_clut224.ppm.
Then the build should copy this in as part of the -init target dependencies.
Don't forget to save the kernel config after updating it!
Note that it's possible this won't work if I've moved console=tty3 instead of console=tty0. I won't know till I try it.
Updated by Hammel almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
Probably don't want this after all. The boot logo is disabled with logo.nologo kernel parameter at the moment. I don't think we really need to re-enable it, especially since I can't guarantee the logo will be centered on the display like I can with psplash.
Closing issue as "won't do".