Port Java to PiBox
04 - Root File System
11 Nov 2014
03 - Medium
Here are some links that might help:
- JamVM - Already part of Buildroot; Replaces HotSpot JVM but it's not clear if this is enough for Subsonic.
- Jalimo.org - Project for mobile/embedded Java porting
- Getting Started with Java SE on the Raspberry Pi - from Oracle; If statically linked this version would be the easiest to install, but there would be licensing issues.
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
No. Absolutely not. No java. PiBox philosophy says "write it in C". There is not pressing need for Java and no such need is on the current roadmap. Java will not be supported on PiBox.