disable openssh in rootfs
04 - Root File System
openssh is enabled in the rootfs build, as is dropbear. I can't think why we might need both other than openssh having scp, sftp, etc.
dropbear supports scp (but not sftp). It provides all the features we need except perhaps privilege separation. For the time being, this seems sufficient and we can remove openssh.
Note: Removing openssh is part of the process of speeding up boot times and integrating a splash screen.
- Target version changed from 1.0 - Atreides to 0.9.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
I'm pretty sure this is already completed. However, I want to review it once more for 0.9.0 to be certain before closing the issue.
- Priority changed from Urgent to Immediate
- Severity changed from 03 - Medium to 01 - Critical
- Status changed from New to In Progress
openssh was not disabled in the Buildroot configuration. I've disabled it and will rebuild the complete rootfs to test that it works as expected.
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
Verified package is removed.
Also available in: Atom