Speed up animation
Now that cairo is using the opengl backend, try speeding up the animation.This requires
- Lowering the interval of the timer_exec timeout from 66 to, say 10.
- Bumping the number of animations from 30 to 180 in do_drawing.
- Reducing or removing the pause in do_drawing.
It's still not clear if Cairo is really using the opengl backend automatically. It's possible I'll need to get an opengl surface for use by the drawing routines (instead of cairo_image_surface_create, perhaps).
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Priority changed from Urgent to Normal
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Severity changed from 01 - Critical to 03 - Medium
This may not be necessary. After researching adding OpenGL support and coming to a dead end on that, I watched the performance of the PiNet animation on a Raspberry Pi 3 with TFT and found it to be just fine.
So I'll put this one on the back burner. The work might be useful in making the animation more interesting or smooth or something, but it's not very important at the moment.