Action Item #231
kernel config cleanup
|Status:||In Progress||Start date:||14 Oct 2013|
|Category:||03 - Linux Kernel|
|Target version:||2.0 - Harkonnen|
|Severity:||03 - Medium|
To improve boot time, the kernel config should be examined for which drivers could be made modules and loaded at boot time. Module loading could be done by specific init scripts as needed or by a specialized init process that parallelizes the init scripts (without using scripts to reduce fork/exec overhead).
#3 Updated by Hammel over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- A bunch of eth drivers are compiled in. Only smsc95xx needs to be enabled and even that could be a loadable module.
- bcm2708_spi takes 3.5 seconds to load
- sda1 (ext4) takes 9 seconds to load
- wlan0 takes 8 seconds to load
- X (and the fbtft) takes 17 seconds to load