Action Item #472
Boot time speedups
|Status:||New||Start date:||25 Nov 2015|
|Category:||09 - Testing|
|Target version:||1.0 - Atreides|
|Severity:||03 - Medium|
Some things I can review
- Switch to LZO for kernel compression
- Delay Loop Calibration: ''lpj=''; can save > 100ms on ARMv5 based systems (boot and look for Calilbrating Delay Loop and check what lpj is set to, then use that on command line)
- Parameters for boot time analysis: ''initcall_debug'', ''printk_time=1''
- Switch rootfs to UBIfs - better for flash devices
- Use initramfs (see slides)
- Integrate as many init scripts as possible into single program (my own init program), then use init=myprog
I probably won't get to <1s boot time without bootloader access but I can certainly get to <10s, possibly to <5s.