« Previous -
Next » -
Gale, 24 Jan 2016 18:02
- TRIACs: Low cost, high current handling capability.
- Traditional relay: moving parts, relatively low cost, very high current
- Solid State Relay: Higher cost, no moving parts. Advantage over TRIACs is that SSR can interrupt current at any point in the AC waveform. TRIACs only cut off current at the zero-crossing point.
Stepper Motor Control¶
- TI DRV8811: Integrated FETs, up to 1.9A per coil http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/drv8811.pdf
- (Toshiba?) TB6612: Used on adafruit and other boards: https://www.adafruit.com/products/2448 Documentation/sourcing appears limited