Action Item #769
Add Player only system
|Status:||In Progress||Start date:||28 Jun 2020|
|Target version:||2.0 - Harkonnen|
|Severity:||01 - Critical|
This would be a light-weight Media System that only does the playing on B/B+ systems, so it boots faster.
#2 Updated by Hammel about 1 month ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Implement an autokiosk-type mode in videofe/opkg/Makefile. This requires a new mode in metabuild too.
- Implement a kiosk-type mode in videofe/opkg/Makefile. This requires a new mode in metabuild too.
- A new mode in Metabuld only, that just integrates videofe and perhaps one or two other apps.
The autokiosk mode would boot fastest probably but not by much. The metabuild-only mode is easiest to implement and would probably look the best.
#3 Updated by Hammel about 1 month ago
Ironman's www with just the imwww component to allow setting up a node's connection using a phone but without IoT setup.
- This is done and pushed. Use the HW=piplayer build option.
- A new app, pinet, is needed to manually enable and disable network configuration mode.
- This is currently in development - see src/ximba/pinet (not in cdtools yet)
- When launched this app starts the imwww app and spins, waiting on user exit.
- On exit the imwww app is stopped.
- An animated spinner should be displayed while the app is running.
- Launcher with just vfe, musicfe and pinet and no right side splash.
- This needs a mode option (./cross.sh -m player) to change the way the display is formatted in the code.
- Launcher will need new code to support this new mode.
- piboxd with IoT and Webcam disabled.
- This exists but needs a build option (./cross.sh -m player) to configure these options in package installation.
Initial implementation of a player metabuild is ready for testing. See meta 2 sandbox.
Pinet source has been started but is not ready for testing. Only the project structure has been created. No new code has been written for it yet.
Launcher changes have not been started.
Piboxd changes have not been started.