Touchscreen not working
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||14 Jun 2020|
|Category:||05 - Releases|
|Target version:||1.1.0 - Upgrades|
|Severity:||01 - Critical|
rpi_ft5406 is not being loaded at boot time. But even if it is loaded, along with the backlight and evdev, the touchscreen is still not working.
Need to try the SD card with forced loading on different hardware to make sure this isn't a hardware problem.
#1 Updated by Hammel about 1 month ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
The last known working combination of kernel/firmware is
- Kernel: git commit 216324a8655b7256961a378893f290d7fa1eecc4 (4.19.69)
- fw: git commit 67bfaeb8457737053d8bab414d3d21c7587043cf
- kernel: git commit 742cb761fa7f2a25e9fc57afd72deb0c47b0c864 (4.19.106) or ecb440abef61d198478b6e598b3510ff6680090a (branch head at time of pull)
- fw: git commit bf83b506b4a6f9e592e711d02871a278fad5bd1e
The former is running on a test touchscreen and everything works. The latter is in rpi4, so I can just try that build.
If either works (the newer the better) then I should revert to those and rebuild the kernel and rpi-firmware, sticking with those commit ids instead of using the head.
#3 Updated by Hammel about 1 month ago
- % Done changed from 20 to 70
Verified: 4.19.106 + fw works but 4.19.122 + fw does not.
The 1.1.0 release will use 4.19.106, as will future release until I can figure out what broke.
I've added the git ids to firmware and kernel builds. Need to push them and then rebuild: rpifw, kernel, buildroot, busybox. Since that's most of it I might as well just kick off a complete rebuild of everything to run overnight.