|Status:||In Progress||Start date:||10 Mar 2019|
|Severity:||03 - Medium|
Need to connect the modem to the Pi Zero. Need to do this in a way that can be easily connected and disconnected for initial testing.
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Cut one of two perfboards to fit - cut piece will hold power/display buttons
- tape two pieces of perfboard together
- add stand-offs to taped perfboard
- tape power supply to perfboard
- tape components in place (it's a prototype, after all)
- Wire components
- Attach HDMI board using stand-offs
- Attach button holder with standoffs
That's really all there is to this. Once connected I can charge the batter through the SIM800L connector (phone must be powered on for this to work). Then I can begin testing pidialer to make a call. After that I can extend Xeon to support the buttons and RI w/buzzer.
A few additional parts were ordered, primarily female 2-wire JST connector with open ended wires. I also ordered some quick connect adapters that might make soldering easier. Order placed today and should be here within a week.
- % Done changed from 20 to 80
This is now complete. I've completely built the hardware for a Xeon phone and powered it up with PiBox running the Xeon codebase.
So now it's ready to implement and test phone calls.
I'll post a pic of the phone hardware later before closing this issue.
- Subject changed from Wire up modem to Build prototype
- % Done changed from 80 to 20
Originally this was just "wire up modem". But the prototype build on perf-boards isn't working.
- The charger on the modem is not charging the battery
- When power is applied to the modem the display gets power through the Pi.
With these power problems I'm having problems identifying what is power related and what is software related.
I need to drop back to a breadboard design first and make sure that works, then rebuild the prototype phone.
I think I should buy new parts so I can compare them with my current prototype to make sure the two sets work the same (to test if any of the boards are failing).
- FONA: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1946 or https://www.adafruit.com/product/2542
- PowerBoost: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1903
- Battery: https://www.adafruit.com/product/328
- Pi: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3400
- Display: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2260 or "Elecrow 5 HDMI