Wire up modem
|Status:||In Progress||Start date:||10 Mar 2019|
|Severity:||03 - Medium|
Need to connect the modem to the Pi Zero. Need to do this in a way that can be easily connected and disconnected for initial testing.
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Cut one of two perfboards to fit - cut piece will hold power/display buttons
- tape two pieces of perfboard together
- add stand-offs to taped perfboard
- tape power supply to perfboard
- tape components in place (it's a prototype, after all)
- Wire components
- Attach HDMI board using stand-offs
- Attach button holder with standoffs
That's really all there is to this. Once connected I can charge the batter through the SIM800L connector (phone must be powered on for this to work). Then I can begin testing pidialer to make a call. After that I can extend Xeon to support the buttons and RI w/buzzer.
A few additional parts were ordered, primarily female 2-wire JST connector with open ended wires. I also ordered some quick connect adapters that might make soldering easier. Order placed today and should be here within a week.
#3 Updated by Hammel about 1 month ago
- % Done changed from 20 to 80
This is now complete. I've completely built the hardware for a Xeon phone and powered it up with PiBox running the Xeon codebase.
So now it's ready to implement and test phone calls.
I'll post a pic of the phone hardware later before closing this issue.