Bug #662

imwww's base address doesn't match dhcpd.conf.uap0

Added by Hammel about 2 years ago. Updated about 2 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:12 Aug 2018
Priority:ImmediateDue date:
Assignee:Hammel% Done:

100%

Category:-
Target version:Iron Man - 0.5.0
Severity:01 - Critical

Description

The /etc/network/dhcpd.conf.uap0 configuration has the following for the network to manage.

subnet 172.21.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
When the users sets a base address using imwww we need to change this to use the network portion of the address. Since this is point-to-point (Iot device to monitor) we can always uses 24/8 for the network portion. So to fix this problem:
  1. Move /etc/network/dhcpd.conf.uap0 to /etc/network/dhcpd.conf.uap0.template
  2. Change the subnet IP from 172.21.0.0 to [BASENET]
  3. Make php/settings-write.php:saveAccessPoint()
    1. copy the template to /etc/network/dhcpd.conf.uap0
    2. Swap the [BASENET] tag with the base address, sans host octet.

That way the dhcpd daemon can properly assign IPs to the sensor network.

Associated revisions

Revision a85f7007
Added by Hammel about 2 years ago

RM #662: Use base network address to update dhcpd template for AP sensor network.

Revision a85f7007
Added by Hammel about 2 years ago

RM #662: Use base network address to update dhcpd template for AP sensor network.

Revision 1fe4d010
Added by Hammel about 2 years ago

RM #662: Move uap dhcpd static configuration file to a template and add BASENET tag so imwww can update it on the fly.

Revision 1fe4d010
Added by Hammel about 2 years ago

RM #662: Move uap dhcpd static configuration file to a template and add BASENET tag so imwww can update it on the fly.

History

#1 Updated by Hammel about 2 years ago

  • Project changed from Iron Man to Monitor

#2 Updated by Hammel about 2 years ago

  • Category deleted (Monitor)
  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Target version changed from 0.1.0 - Proof of concept to 0.5.0
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

This was pretty easy. I moved the static config to a template in the monitor package. Then I updated the specified function in imwww. I pushed both to a test node and verified they worked - which they did on the first try.

I've committed and pushed fixes in both repos.

Closing issue.

Also available in: Atom PDF