Bug #638

imlightsw is not getting connecting to configured AP

Added by Hammel 11 days ago. Updated 6 days ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:05 Jul 2018
Priority:ImmediateDue date:
Assignee:Hammel% Done:

100%

Category:Software
Target version:Iron Man - 002 - MVP
Severity:01 - Critical

Description

It says it's connected but the IP it gets is 0.0.0.0. I don't see it connected to the AP - I don't see it's MAC address in the client list.

Associated revisions

Revision 51ee75fd
Added by Hammel 6 days ago

RM #638, RM #610: Updated Makefile to work with latest (4.13.0) version of makeEspArduino, and thus with 2.4.1 Arduino core.

Revision 7d332357
Added by Hammel 6 days ago

RM #638, RM #610: Completed support for setting and saving WiFi credentials, then re-using after reset or power cycle.
Remove credentials handling - WiFiManager now handles it properly since upgrading Arduino core and makeEspArduino.
Remove cruft code used for original testing.
Added blink patterns for ConfigMode, OperationalMode, Connecting, Connected and Pairing.

History

#1 Updated by Hammel 6 days ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Fixed. This required updating both the Arduino distribution to 2.4.1 and makeEspArduino to 4.13.0. The latter wouldn't work at first because I was pointing to the Arduino distribution directory via a symlink and the env var I used didn't have a trailing "/". That took some time to figure out. After that I found that aJson has a bug with it's flash() function definition. I added a patch to the source tree for that and submitted it to the existing bug report.

Now ConfigMode works and saves credentials transparently as expected. And Operational Mode picks up those credentials transparently as well.

As an aside, while trying to fix this I tried using SPIFFS to save the credentials manually but found it wasn't working (thus my need to upgrade). I added some code to verify SPIFFS is indeed working now - and it is! So I can save runtime data to SPIFFS if I need to.

Also as an aside: my code is actually smaller now, after the upgrades. All in all, this was a good path to go down to fix this problem.

All changes committed and pushed.
Closing issue.

Also available in: Atom PDF