Try to cross compile RPi test apps at end of rootfs build
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||14 Aug 2013|
|Category:||04 - Root File System|
|Severity:||02 - High|
The test apps are in <buildroot>/output/target/opt/vc/src/hello_pi. They would be useful in testing various components of the platform.I think to cross compile I need
- set the path to point to the cross compile tools
- set CC to point to compiler
- set SDKSTAGE to point to target tree
- set LDFLAGS to -L<staging tree>
Something like that.
#3 Updated by Hammel almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Added buildroot-rpitools target to build the tools after the rootfs is built. But this means the compiled tools are not in the tar file generated by buildroot. To get around that the tools are copied manually into the ext3 file generated by the -ext3 target. So it's a little bit of a hack, but its better than making an opkg for them.
Note: hello-font was not built due to problems with cross compiling it. The rest of the tools cross compiled fine.